This pink potion of strawberry syrup, milk, white chocolate and marshmallows will have you obsessing over the object of your affection this Valentine’s Day. Said to have a unique aroma to each who drinks the potion, reminding them of the things that they find most attractive. When Ron Weasley tried the potion he smelled his mother’s cooking, bacon, and Hermione’s perfume the one he gave her in their fifth year at Hogwarts for Christmas.
“Amortentia doesn’t create actual love, of course. That’s impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room.“—Horace Slughorn
What will you smell when you drink from this Harry Potter inspired beverage?
Pink Hot Chocolate:
2 cups milk
3 oz white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
White Chocolate Covered Marshmallows:
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water in the bowl and mix.
2. Meanwhile, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Then cook on high heat until the syrup reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
3. Add the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin. Mix on high speed and whip until the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the mixture into a pan using a spatula to spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Let sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
5. Remove from pan and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to remove the marshmallows.
6. Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 sec intervals until chocolate is melted. Remove and dip heart shaped marshmallows in the melted chocolate and set aside to set.