Want to have a photo booth at your wedding but don’t think it’s in the budget? You may be surprised at how easy it is to make your own photo booth with just your tablet and items you likely already own.
What You’ll Need:
- Tablet: You’ll need a tablet with a front facing camera like the Samsung Galaxy Tab®.
- Standard Tripod
- Tripod Sandbags: Just in case someone gets a little too pushy on the touch screen you don’t want them to knocks over the tripod.
- Tablet Mount: Such as the iStabilizer tabMount which can mount any tablet to any standard tripod.
- Backdrop: It’s time to get creative! You can use anything from craft store fabric to paper flowers to dollar store streamers or design your own geeky backdrop like this one inspired by Adventure Time (I’ll have the full tutorial in a later post).
- Lights: Look professional with good lighting! If your setting up your booth in a poorly lit event space or outdoors at night additional lighting is a must. A spotlight and photography umbrella (available online or at camera supply shop) will do the trick, but if you just want to keep it simple make sure you turn on your device’s flash.
- Photo Booth App: There are a ton of photo booth apps out there, some are even free, so test some out or try one these popular choices:
Party Photo Booth $3.40
- Pick a photo strip template with optional event name and date
- Select “Self-serve mode” to use front-facing camera and photo booth style timer, or “Photographer mode” to use back-facing camera
- Link Facebook and Dropbox accounts for auto sharing, retries are automatically scheduled if network is unavailable
- Keep the app in foreground with passcode-protected Kiosk mode
- Photo booth style photo shoot with animated review panel
- Find newly created photo strip in your Facebook album and Dropbox folder
- Automatically return to the Capture screen for the next guest
Wedding Booth $9.99
- Combine guest photos and guestbook message into one composite image which is saved to your device.
- Color slider controls allow you to customize the app and the final composition with virtually any color combination possible.
- Wedding theme.
…and don’t forget the props!
Note: I’m required to disclose a relationship between this site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing content, product, access or other forms of payment