Are you satisfied with your signature cocktail for your wedding? Try these Baymax cookie shooters, a Big Hero 6 inspired lemon meringue cookie atop a lemon drop shooter - ”Bah-la-la-la!”
Lemon Drop Shooter
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part triple sec
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey (optional for rim)
1. Fill a shaker with ice cubes and add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a shot glass. For a non-alcoholic alternative substitute all ingredients for a cold shot of lemonade. You can also dip the rims in honey as a reference to the character Honey Lemon in Big Hero 6.
Lemon Meringue Baymax Cookies
- 6 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- 1 1/4 cup baker’s sugar
- 1 bag chocolate cookie icing ( I used Betty Crocker) or your own chocolate icing recipe
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside for later.
- Add egg whites, lemon juice and salt to a large bowl and mix on low speed until foamy. Increase mixer speed to medium and slowly add in sugar. Increase speed and continue mixing until batter is shiny and stiff.
- Using a whisk, gently whisk your batter, your peaks should be stiff and not fall down. Carefully fold in the zest, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Fit a large piping bag with a round tip and fill with batter. Pipe dollar size circles onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake without opening oven for 1 hour. Then reduce temperature to 175 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 1-2 more hours or until cookies are dry.
- Transfer cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, start with piping 1 circle for one of the eyes, then pipe one long stroke for the line between the eyes, then another circle of the same size for the other eye. I suggest practicing on parchment paper until your comfortable enough to pipe onto the cookies. It took me a few tries to get it right.